Here we go.

22 January 2016

Here is what I want you to know.



 photo 88D36615-F4E3-489E-B2E8-BAF1DBADF4ED_zpsvqht8fso.jpg
After graduation, My Tam made her way down to Arkansas from Cambridge to spend some QT with us. For her first eve, I took her down to look at the swoll river and to drink a beer. It was a rare one-on-one for us.

 photo 897AAFBA-0D17-4F11-83FE-ED76B9C7E269_zpsag0wzjfk.jpg
Ike + ATM

 photo A388F945-622B-4064-84CF-3384AE07D1EB_zpsi7mqy3em.jpg
I've never had a passion for making cocktails, but I ended up making a few this year.  My inspiration stems from being unable to afford drinks out.  Here are greyhounds made with fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice. So pretty.

 photo C5069B7D-2C86-4949-9C37-921187CBBB15_zpsisgzx5le.jpg
Move, PLEASE, get out the way! Get out the way!

 photo EBEC0AD1-3171-4DD4-A237-D5C8859C80F7_zps9wvqboz9.jpg
Matt + Blair got married in Maaaaay!

 photo E3F10537-F08D-499F-B2E8-2686C1682E20_zpsnepplqh8.jpg
Blair let me take a big balloon home. I can't tell you how many times I woke up at night in terror thinking there was someone lurking in the bedroom.

 photo EDF8384B-BD6B-408D-8478-F4EB4BFE9465_zpsvmyhstrh.jpg
ATM won Check, Please!'s NHL playoff brackets. I'm hoping to get a few more people involved for the '15-'16 season.


 photo F904CCB2-B1A8-42DF-AB67-2119556C4D99_zpsswgeivsi.jpg
Instead of the Auditor of State's office, the Administrative Office of the Courts handles my payroll now. We had an introductory meeting and Q&A sesh in the Arkansas Supreme Court courtroom. I've always wanted to go in here, as the building is round, with no corners. COOL! I learnt that the US Supremes ruled that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples here, which is /s HILARIOUS /s because our unfortunately weak-spined state justices were awaiting a ruling from the top court, so they wouldn't have to. There are too many offices and positions filled by folks who will not perform their function and I just throw my hands in the air in frustration because the People voted them in. I suppose we have the system we deserve.


 photo E17A31EC-B246-4A23-9F9C-FA162338E54E_zpssohycygd.jpg
A movie was filmed at the Pulaski County Courthouse. You'd think that it'd be fun, but it was not. I got shushed by the crew on more than one occasion in my office.  Not cool.

 photo 11EFF404-76C2-4DE3-9B32-D9C469F3F354_zpstyeng3x0.jpg
Too, it's unnerving to see this outside your office bathroom window.

 photo 4FE542BE-0885-434F-A7DB-AEE794CD26B8_zpsqv0fvngh.jpg
I so nailed the piƱa colada! I should probably write down these recipes.

 photo 84D65B5F-80E9-488F-B5A1-FB869158B055_zpsn7phtsbn.jpg
I asked Brittany to bring her new fambly member Oliver over to see if HD would be into it. He was definitely curious. Boy, did I read into that incorrectly.

 photo C1284F2D-CDDC-4344-BBBF-72E35588ABC7_zpsiamfbnd8.jpg
My work buddy Terry gave me a key to access the courthouse rooftop. Other than our initial walk about, I haven't been up there. I mean, it has potential for big fun, yes?

 photo 42E3368D-C631-4961-9747-2778AAAF300C_zpstlji0ule.jpg
Keiko + I had a really good lunch at One Eleven at the Capital. They've got this crab cake that is obscenely delicious. Everything is good. Everything. I need to get back there.

 photo 400DCC0D-4B84-4896-BF9F-A4A96E10F76C_zpslujujbc0.jpg
My Tam gave us a voucher for Blue Apron meal delivery service. I actually liked it? I can see it's usefulness, but you still have to actually prep & cook stuff. I can see us doing it again or maybe as a gift. That watermelon, feta, arugula salad haunts me, it's so good.

 photo 633602A4-08EA-4210-9CA1-14AA4EC16EDD_zpsxhbw00yp.jpg
howdy

 photo D76E2F86-7D0C-4F82-8EFC-9D9B86346DAE_zpsdbeamzqu.jpg
It wasn't ready for picking before I went on vacation and I came home to it on the ground out back, 75% eaten by some critter.

 photo E36EFE28-66C4-42BF-99A2-E4F9B02CBAB4_zpszz93tozd.jpg
Peep the hilarious amount of mac n cheese the server gave me. He felt sorry for me because I got a veggie plate (NO MEAT?!) You gotta get a white/brown plate from Luby's from time to time, right? LOL! Carbs stacked on pillars of carbs.

 photo A092AE88-4B9E-42C0-A6A8-0A1366F264F2_zpsfio0xgny.jpg
mammatous clouds

 photo 30A3B28E-6A74-41C3-A923-DA4CFCFC4B0A_zpsxvkq4krg.jpg
So, what we have here is a homemade cucumber vodka + pink lemonade elixir and trust me, it is so refreshing and delightful. Can't wait for the next heat wave, so I can mix a big pitcher to share with Keiko. She's the one who put me on to them, see.

 photo 90502F17-5D3A-4AEA-9C07-E5E3EE70C571_zps0czdi0co.jpg
Celebrating General Chang

 photo 71439380-58C6-4778-AD29-A4F1D9819158_zpsm79duncp.jpg
We went to Memphis A LOT in 2015. On this particular trip, we went to Raiford's, a place that is designed to separate you from your money very quickly.  It's too loud, so bring ear plugs.  Did you see me become very old before your very eyes just now?

 photo 2962772F-38EA-4D4D-9EC3-8527E4664F97_zps4gk4bdap.jpg
I haven't been in a long time. It now appears to be a place where a lot of Ole Miss jag offs go to hook up. :(  ATM + I agreed that we would only go back if we had money to burn AND we were with someone who has never been and really wants to go.  We can only be guides for the uninitiated now.

 photo 6D0E552E-761B-459B-BF76-6932E32AFFCC_zpsvh4zrn9r.jpg
They still have the light up dance floor, though.

 photo 93680B22-1251-4D54-AB9B-1803950CF29D_zpst3yfmf9x.jpg
After Raifords - that's right, AFTER. We can still dig deep from time to time! - we went to the Summer Drive-In to enjoy Time Warp Drive-In: FUTURE SHOCK FEST. On the way in, we grabbed a sackful from Krystal Burger. It made me very happy to sit on lawn chairs, eating garbage, inhaling car fumes, and watching Repo Man on the silver screen. I've got to remember to check their schedule for future trips.

 photo 1ADF77CD-6A5F-4710-AC15-BF469F7E41A2_zpsxgw87pk0.jpg
Discovering new-to-us neighborhoods in Memphis.

 photo 910C186E-391A-4F3E-AAFB-941E069DFC5D_zpseuwctwps.jpg
shorty

 photo A11B961E-A7DC-4847-9974-405DABD82975_zpss9bhmnty.jpg
There's a new drawing feature on chat.

 photo AB803ECC-23EB-4E50-8D2D-8EB332BF829C_zpsoeovclua.jpg
Sapling progress. They don't look like this no more. In fact, they look dead, but they aren't.

No comments:

Blog Archive